Microsoft Azure Stack is not just another feature addition to the Microsoft Azure Platform. It is a new hybrid cloud platform product that offers compelling opportunities especially for large enterprises.
Microsoft has said that Azure Stack will hit production in the fourth quarter of 2016. The Technical Preview is out now and you can expect to see lots of interesting updates throughout the year.
AZURE STACK USE CASES
With a true hybrid cloud platform product enterprises can start using the public cloud at their own pace in a more agile way.
Here are a few examples of what you can do with Azure Stack:
- Build cloud native apps and move them easily from your private cloud to the public cloud whenever it makes sense without rewriting them.
- Develop and test cloud native apps in the public cloud and easily move them back to your private cloud to production.
- Build cloud native apps that might span your private cloud and the public cloud.
- Run cloud native apps in the public cloud and use blob storage in your private cloud to retain information locally.
- Take the advantage of both IaaS and PaaS, whichever is the best choice for each of your cloud app’s needs.
DESIGNING FOR CLOUD NEEDS NEW SKILLS
But don’t let that slow you down from getting the power of cloud services for your apps. As said Azure Stack is in technical preview now and it will be generally available by the end of 2016. So IT pros and developers can already try out the Azure Stack platform with a test environment.
If you want to learn more about Azure Stack just let us know. We are happy to have a chat!